I can’t fully enjoy autumn without a beautiful pie and a warm drink.
And since we’re in full season of quince, thought I should try something new and give this great fruit a chance of proving how delicious it can be.
And believe me friends, it was 🤩
Made a simple but super easy graham crackers crust, layered cream cheese, used fresh quince mash infused with star anise, cinnamon stick & cloves for the filling and topped with more crackers for the crunchiness – a madness.
It does need some prep time but believe me, it is simply delicious 🤤 and worth every minute.
This recipe I would quote medium just because you do need to make the layers separate and then bring them together, so it will need your attention for about 40 mins.
Nevertheless, it is one sure to impress.
Hope you enjoy it 💕
- 200g of crackers smashed
- 50 g of butter, melted
- 1 tbsp of vanilla
- Pinch of salt, a pinch of cinnamon
- 1 kg of quinces, peeled and cut into cubes
- 2 big apples, diced
- 1-star anise, 1 cinnamon stick, 2 cloves
- 2 tbsp of brown sugar
- Zest and juice of 1 orange
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tsp of vanilla sugar
For the crem cheese filling
- 250g of cream cheese
- 2 eggs
- 50g of sugar
- 1 teasp of vanilla essence
- In a cooking pot, put all the mash ingredients and pour in water just enough to cover the fruits. Cook for about 20-25 min until soft and water reduced to a thick sauce. Don’t forget to stir in regularly.
- In the meantime preheat the oven to 180C/350F.
- Coat a pie form with butter and layer with baking paper
- Smash the crackers and add in the melted butter, salt, vanilla, cinnamon _ incorporate well
- Form the base of the pie in the backing form by gently pressing in the crackers mixture until firm. Bake in the oven for 5 minutes
- Whilst the pie crust gets golden, remove the quince from the heat and take out the cinnamon stick, cloves, and anise star. Blend the mixture together and set aside to cool a bit. About now your pie crust should be ready to take out from the oven.
- Take the cream cheese and mix to soften, for about 1 min. Add eggs, brown sugar, vanilla extract and incorporate well. Pour on the pie crust.
- Gently, with a spoon, put quince mash on top of the creampie until covered 🥧
- Bake for 45 minutes and serve once cooled down