You don’t need excuses to eat pie, but you can use every occasion to make one 😍
And with October coming to an end, Halloween seemed the best time to make this super pretty chocolate crusted pumpkin pie with fresh berries.
Its super easy to make and will for sure impress your guests to the maximum not only with taste but also visually 🥂
So how do we bake it?
Take out and measure everything you need. Put them in sight so you have space to make the magic happen, without worrying about any mess.
The ingredients are listed below and check out my previous post for making the pie crust yourself. It will take you around 10 minutes to prepare the dough and another 5′ to roll out and set in the pie form, but believe me it’s worth it 🤩
For the filling I used a non sticky pot that helped the ingredients cook down without allowing them to burn. This way you can get the most flavor out of the pumpkin whilst keeping it infused in the spices and allowing it to absorb all the goodness until it becomes like a sauce. You might want to use a blender to get all those bigger bits smoothen out.
Allow the filling 5 minutes to cool down ! It’s an important step that will ensure your eggs don’t bake when added to the mixture so that your pie will 💯 be fluffy and creamy.
Pour the mixture in the prepared pie form and bake at 175 for around 40-45 mins. How will you know it’s done? I use a knife to stick through and if it comes out clean then your pie is ready to cool down 😎 Top with fresh berries and serve with a delicious cup of thee / coffee
Hope you enjoy this recipe just as much as I did and let me know if you tried it in the comments below.
⏳Time : 10 min prepare, 1:15 min cooking / baking
For the crust check Chocolate pie crust
For the pumpkin filling
- 1 kg of pumpkin, peeled and cut into cubes
- 1-star anise, 1 cinnamon stick, 2 cloves
- 50 g tbsp of brown sugar
- Zest and juice of 1 orange
- Pinch of salt
- 200ml of water
- 2 eggs
- in a pot put all the filling ingredients but the eggs and cook until it’s soft and turns into a mash. Stir in constantly not to get burned
- In the meantime pre heat oven to 180 degrees
- Oil the pie form and layer with baking paper
- Remove the pumpkin filling and let cool down for about 5 minutes
- Break the eggs, add to the filling and stir in to incorporate well.
- Pour in the mixture on the pie crust and even out
- Bake for 45 minutes and remove from the oven to allow to cool down.
- Once cooled down, add the berries and serve