Bought this baking form a couple of weeks ago and been searching ever since for recipes and baking ideas. So with my friends bday falling this weekend , thought I’d give it a shot and bake him a delicious cake he won’t forget🥰
I stared with using quality butter at room temperature, mixed until fluffy. If your butter is high in fat, it will become creamy and airy and will creat the perfect base for the cake. Mix in sugar and keep beating for another 3-4 minutes. I know it is a lot of sugar, and this recipe can’t be categorized in the ”healthy ” group, but it’s soo worth it 🤤
Mix in the eggs, one by one, vanilla and fresh orange zest. Fold in the flour, baking powder, salt and mix until well combined. Finish it up with 25 ml of cream, pour the batter in the pre-buttered baking form and bake in the oven for 40-50 minutes.
For the cream cheese frosting, I used 250g of fresh cream, beat it for around 5 minute until light and airy. Toss in both sugar, vanilla essence and give it another 5 minutes of beating. Rest in a air sealed container for 30 minutes.
Once completely cooled down, frost with cream cheese and decorate with fresh fruit. Got this beautiful red kiwi 🥝 from my favorite local shop, Vivobox, where they always have super interesting fruits and veggies🤩
Well, hope your weekend was as good as mine friends. Enjoy the cake 💕
⏳ Time : 15 min prep time, 40-50 min to bake
Serve 8-10 🍰
For the bundt cake
- 250g of flour
- 150g of butter, room temperature
- Pinch of salt
- 5 eggs
- 120g of sugar, brown
- 1 teasp. of vanilla
- 1/2 orange zest
- 1 teasp. of baking powder
For the frosting
- 250g of cream cheese
- 100g icing sugar
- Drop of vanilla essence
- 1 tblsp. Brown sugar
- Beat the butter until fluffy , add in the sugar in and keep beating for another 3-4 minutes.
- Mix in the eggs, one by one, vanilla and fresh orange zest.
- Fold in the flour, baking powder, salt and mix until well combined.
- Pour the batter in the pre-buttered baking form and bake in the oven for 40-50 minutes.
- In a bowl, beat the cream until light, for about 5 minutes.
- Add sugar, both, and vanilla.
- Store in an air sealed container for 30 minutes, in the fridge
- Once cake cooled down, frost with cream cheese and decorate with fresh fruit