It is the first time I made Italian breadsticks and I am so happy of how they turned out 🤩 They are salty and herby and so super crispy , just a perfect finger food when hosting friends over. Or when you don’t have any other snacks to offer 😂
So, how do we make these gorgeous little things?! With just 3 ingredients and some amount of patience, in order for the dough to rise – that easy.
You will need 250 g of flour, 5g of active yeast, 30 ml of oil, a bit of warm water and condiments ( salt, dried herbs)
Start with preheating the oven to 170 degrees. In a small bowl, mix the yeast with a pinch of sugar and around 30 ml of warm water -let raise for about 5 minutes.
Mix the flour, oil, herbs and salt until it is well combined and feels kinda sandy. Add the yeast and knead for around 2 minutes. It will be a bit stiff, so add a bit of warm water and keep kneading another 5 more minutes, until the dough becomes a gooey jet elastic. Let rest for 45 min. to 1 h. until it doubles in size.
Once dough is ready, roll it baguette 🥖 shape and cut in small piece. I use my hands to take each piece and roll out, like in the picture above , in order to create the breadstick. If you use an easier technique, please share, but at this point this was the easiest way I know 😊
Brush each stick with oil and sprinkle with dried herbs, than place on a baking tray layered with backing paper; put in the oven for 7 minutes, then turn them around and bake for another 7-8 minutes.
Let cool down and serve with salsa or fresh pesto.
Ready to be enjoyed 💕
⏳ : 10 min. prep, 15 min oven, 1 h rest
- 250 g of flour
- 5 g of dry yeast
- 30 g of olive oil
- warm water
- salt, dry herbs
- Mix yeast with 30 ml of warm water and pinch of sugar. Let raise for 5 mins
- Put the flour, oil, salt, dry herbs and mix for 2 minutes.
- add the yeast and keep kneading for 2 mins
- Add a bit of warm water and knead for 5 minutes until elastic
- Chill for 45 ‘ to 1 h. in a warm place
- Roll baguette 🥖 shape and cut into small pieces
- Roll each piece out, to form the sticks
- Brush with oil and sprinkle with dried herbs
- Bake for 7 minutes, then turn and bake for another 7-8 minutes.
And voila, ready to be enjoyed💕