Soups – hot, tasty and full of vitamins – perfect for cold weather or when you need to detox you body. And after holidays such as Christmas and New Year, I definitely have to get my healthy food intake back in balance.
So today we have a delicious carrot and tomato cream soup, served with super tasty meatballs and fresh parsley leafs. Made even a bit more and put some aside to take to work and enjoy during lunch. 🤤 That is in case I get to ‘save’ it until then, as I tend to drink my soups out of a mug, whilst working. But it is also a good substitute for coffee I guess, so no complaints here 😅
How do we make this deliciousness?!
Besides carrots and tomatoes, you will need also a medium onion, 2 celery sticks (apio), a parsley root and some fresh parsley leafs.
I made almost 3 l of soup, hence I added around 2,5 l of water to the veggies and let them cook for about 20 minutes, then blend everything together until smooth. Don’t forget some of the water will evaporate during boiling so if your soup is too thick, add some after the blending of the veggies, together with the condiments, cream and butter, then place back on medium fire for another 5 minutes.
For the meatballs, I used pork and beef ground meat, some finely chopped parsley leafs, salt, pepper, nutmeg – mixed all very well. In Belgium, the ground meat is kind of ‘prepared’ upfront, so no need to add egg, but if you have pur meat, you might want to use 1 for ensuring the balls will stick together 😊
Roll them bite-size, then bake each side until nicely golden. Add the meatballs to the soup for the last 5 minutes of boiling or keep them for the serving.
And voila, once the soup and meatballs are ready, serve with croutons as well as fresh parsley leafs, finely chopped.
Ready to be enjoyed 💕
⏳ : 25 minutes
Serves : ~ 3 liters
For the soup :
- 7 medium carrots
- 5 medium tomatoes
- 1 medium onion
- 1 parsley or parsnip root
- a handful of fresh parsley
- 50 ml of cream
- 1 teasp. of each salt, pepper
- 1 tbsp. of butter
- ~ 2,5 l of water
For the meatballs
- 500 g of ground meat, pork and beef
- 1 teasp. of each salt, pepper, nutmeg
- Parsley leafs
- 1 egg
- For the soup : cut all veggies in cubes and lay in a pot. Cover with water
- Let cook for about 20 minutes or until veggies soft
- Blend all ingredients together
- Add cream, seasoning and butter and mix well, then cook for another 5 minutes
- For the meatballs, mix all the ingredients together
- Roll the meat in bite size balls, then cook in a pan until each side is golden
- Add to the soup after the blending, allow to cook for 5 minutes, then serve with croutons
Ready to be enjoyed 💕