I love having Diabolique Shrimps 😍 And no, the shrimps are not ‘evil’ but the taste will hunt your taste buds and let you crave for more with every single bite.
It is a dish found in most of the restaurants in Belgium and it’s basically shrimps coated in a spicy tomatoes-paprika and cream sauce that is simply to die for.
💡Tip : The secret of getting the best flavors from this dish is making the tomato-paprika sauce for the base yourself, recipe here.
However, if you don’t have any at hand, just sauté in one tablespoon of olive oil 1 finely chopped tomato, together with a finely chopped paprika, 1 small chill pepper, 1 small shallot and 1 garlic clove until well cooked, for about 5 minutes. Set aside.
Sauté the peeled and cleaned shrimps in a pan with 1 tablespoon of butter for about 3 minutes.
Add the tomato-paprika sauce, smoked paprika + kerry powder, salt / pepper to taste, fresh nutmeg, cooking cream and let it shimmer for another 5-7 minutes.
Serve with tagliatelle or any pasta of your choice ans sprinkle fresh basil leaves on top.
And voila, your dinner is served in 15 minutes 🤤
Hope you all enjoy it friends 💕
⏳ 15 minutes
Serves : 3 x 🍴
- 24 shrimps, peeled and cleaned
- 2 tblsp. of tomato-paprika sause ( if you don’t have any, check details above, under 💡Tip)
- 1 tbsp. of smoked paprika powder
- 1 tbsp. of kerry powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Pinch of nutmeg
- Fresh basil leaves
- 1 tbsp. of butter
- 200 ml of cooking cream
- 500 g of tagliatelle pasta
- Make the tomato-paprika base and set aside
- Place the pasta in boiling salted water and cook as per instructions
- Sauté the shrimps in the butter for about 3 minutes
- Add the tomato-paprika sauce, salt, pepper, nutmeg, smoked paprika, together with the cream and shimmer for 5-7 minutes
- Serve with pasta and fresh basil leaves 🍝